Re: [RDFa] ISSUE-42: @src, following up, proposal to resolve

Ben,

forgive me if I got it wrong here, but I think it is worth making this
absolutely clear. As far as I am concerned, it is not really the case
for me:-(

Question: what is the subject of @the_attribute_that_shall_not_be_named?

Until now, my mental model was that this attribute is simply a syntactic
sugar, ie,

<... the_attribute_that_shall_not_be_named="a:b">...

is the same as

<... rel="rdf:type" resource="a:b"...>

That means that he _subject_ of rdf:type is, well, whatever the RDFa
spec generally says on going 'up' and finding the right @about.

(Actually, if I use some of the examples in the primer, if

<a rel="rdf:type" href="http://blabla">...

then the subject of "rdf:type" is still the @about somewhere up the line.

As an aside, if so, I am not sure I understand your remark "then that
applies to @src, just like it would apply to @href." I may miss
something here, too.)

So, if I am still right (and I may not be!), it seems that both in the
case of the @src and  http://www.w3.org/mid/46900890.3030500@adida.net
we are talking about changing that mental model, ie, that in some cases
@the_attribute_that_shall_not_be_named is _not_ a shorthand for
@rel="rdf:type" because it has its own rules on choosing the subject.

I am _not_ (yet?) saying that is wrong, what I am saying that we should
be clear about it and try to come up with a reasonable definition on
what the subject for @the_attribute_that_shall_not_be_named. Otherwise
it all looks a bit ad-hoc to me, and I am not sure that is good.

Please, correct me if I got it wrong somewhere!

Ivan