[SKOS] about annotation on annotations

From: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 17:12:00 +0100
To: Daniel Rubin <rubin@med.stanford.edu>
CC: SWD WG <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

Hi Daniel (I hope Alan has now suscribed to the list)

About two actions still pending:

>[PENDING] ACTION: Alan to write down the general documentation requirements, in particular to those that are related to literal values, and how to represent that in skos [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action09]
>
>[PENDING] ACTION: Alan write up the preferredLabel modelling issue [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action01]

Do you think that the "externallySourcedDefinition" in [1] matches that
kind of annotation? In the example you give there :

>Class:                                 Fear
>birn_annot:birnlexExternalSource       UMLS
>obo_annot:externallySourcedDefinition  Unpleasant but normal emotional response to genuine external danger or threats;
>                                       compare with ANXIETY and CLINICAL ANXIETY. (CSP)
>obo_annot:externallySourcedDefinition  The affective response to an actual current external danger which subsides with
>                                       the elimination of the threatening condition. (MeSH)

you might want to assert explicitly in SKOS/RDF that the MESH definition
you take as a reference comes from the MESH concept scheme (e.g.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/conceptscheme)...

Not sure that it helps, but I just had a doubt...

[1] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/EucBirnLexDetailed