Re: [SKOS] Re: more SKOS requirements

Hi Antoine,
see below:

At 07:55 AM 2/12/2007, Antoine Isaac wrote:
>Hi Daniel,
>
>Thank you for the updates! Before trying to answer you question
>about the link between OBI and Radlex, some content-related questions:
>
>Reading Radlex description, I wondered how the link between a
>special relationhip like "part" and "parent"/"children" is dealt
>with. Something like
>- a SPARQL query (when I ask for children, give me the parts)
>- RDFS subtyping (part rdfs:subPropertyOf child)
>- or dynamic interface generation (the "parent information not being
>encoded as such in the model, but derived when asking a
>visualization of the concept)?

If you are asking about how queries will work on RadLex, it will be
via either SPARQL or a custom interface to an application that
consumes the terminology.

>Also I wonder whether a special relationhip can always be converted
>in parent/child link. There are some links, like "Continuous with"
>that do not seem to be interpretable naturally as hierarchical ones.
>But I am not sure, and could not find any example in my 5 minutes browsing...

This is basically the issue that RadLex is an ontology and not a
simple terminology. "Hierarchy" depends on the relationship used to
construct it. So RadLex actually has multiple hierarchies.

>Finally, what is the kind of mapping you envision/are developping?
>"Just" equivalence or subclass? Or more complex links?

Two initially-- synonymy and subclass. Later, we expect people to
compose atomic terms (post-coordination) to describe composite entities.