W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swbp-wg@w3.org > May 2005

meeting record: 2005-05-05 SWBPD WG telecon

From: Ralph R. Swick <swick@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 09:36:47 -0400
Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.2.20050509093151.01d665b0@127.0.0.1>
To: public-swbp-wg@w3.org

Minutes of the 5 May SWBPD WG Telecon [1] are now available in
more presentable form.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/05/05-swbp-minutes

A plaintext snapshot of revision 1.3 follows:
----

                                   SWBPD WG

5 May 2005

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005May/0011.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2005/05/05-swbp-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Andreas Harth, Ralph Swick, Alistair Miles, Chris Welty, Jeff
          Pan, Elisa Kendall, Phil Tetlow, Tom Baker, Dan Brickley, Libby
          Miller, Mike Uschold, Evan Wallace, Benjamin Nguyen

   Regrets
          Wood, Carroll, Noy, McGuinness, McBride, Garshol, Govoni,
          Gangemi, McDaniel

   Chair
          Ralph

   Scribe
          Ralph

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Admin
         2. [6]Liaisons
         3. [7]TF Updates
               o [8]PORT
               o [9]OEP
               o [10]WordNet
               o [11]XML Schema Datatypes
               o [12]Vocabulary Management
               o [13]RDF-in-XHTML
               o [14]ADTF
               o [15]RDFTM
               o [16]Tutorial Page
               o [17]SE
     * [18]Summary of Action Items

     _________________________________________________________________


   -> [19]previous meeting 2005-04-21 subsequent to the telecon, a
   [20]presentable version was published]

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2005/04/21-swbp-irc
     [20] http://www.w3.org/2005/04/21-swbp-minutes

   Benjamin: I will be attending by irc only unless I need to talk then
   will call back

Admin

   PROPOSED to accept [21]http://www.w3.org/2005/04/21-swbp-irc as record
   of 21 April telecon

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2005/04/21-swbp-irc

   ChrisW: let's wait on considering record of previous meeting

   Ralph: I offered to the scribe to turn the irc log into clear minutes

   RESOLVED next telecon 19 May

   ACTION: Ralph add Note category to WG home page [DONE]

   Ralph: Has everyone here submitted their data on [22]straw poll on
   next f2f location?

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35495/ftf2005/

   <tbaker> not sure - will check...

   <aliman> me not contributed ...

Liaisons

   httpRange-14

   ACTION: Chairs to discuss the httpRange-14 issue at the coordination
   level [CONTINUES]

   XML Schema Last Call

   ACTION: jeremy post personal review to XSCD doc [DONE]

   -> [23]XML Schema Component Designators Review

     [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Apr/0073.html

   ACTION: jeff to review XML schema LC draft [CONTINUES]

   Ralph: "The Last Call comment period is expected to end 26 April 2005.
   "

   Jeff: can we still send comments?

   Ralph: you can always send comments

   Jeff: I'll try to write comments next week

   ODM Review

   Elisa: I posted all feedback received to date

   -> [24][ODM] Summary of feedback on the ODM Revised Submission
   (2005-01-10 version)

     [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Apr/0092.html

   Elisa: all of this feedback has been posted on the ODM site also
   ... I need any additional feedback by middle of next week at the
   latest; we have a 30 May deadline for next revision

TF Updates

PORT

   ACTION: Alistair to think about machine-readable change policies
   [CONTINUES]

   Alistair: need to have policies in human-readable form first :)

   <aliman> [25][PORT] Proposals for Public Working Draft

     [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005May/0014.html

   RESOLVED to publish SKOS documents as First Public Working Draft

   ACTION: Ralph help Alistair with publication process for SKOS
   documents [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2005/05/05-swbp-minutes.html#action06]

   Alistair: part of SKOS management process requires us to maintain a
   [27]public link of proposed changes

     [27] http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core/proposals

   <danbri> (some dialog on the chairs and w3c-tools list... I'm not sure
   of state of the art)

   Ralph: "[28]exit" is one issues management tool used by several WGs

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2003/12/exit/

   post-meeting note: other [29]WG issues tracking tools exist, as cited
   by the [30]Working Group Tools index]

     [29] http://esw.w3.org/topic/TrackingIssues
     [30] http://www.w3.org/2004/12/wg-tools.html

   <danbri> [31]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-tools/ "This list
   is for discussion of tools maintained by W3C, or by Working Froup
   members, which are intended to be useful in managing Working Group
   business."

     [31] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-tools/

OEP

   Chris: not a lot of progress
   ... final version of Specified Values note is awaiting work from me

   ACTION: Ralph re-ping ISI AC Rep [DONE]

   Chris: Jerry Hobbs finally appointed to the WG
   ... OWL Time is essentially written, so should be quick to get ready

   Mike: I finished a thorough read of n-ary values note
   ... got many comments to Natasha

WordNet

   ACTION: Aldo to propose an update the Wordnet TF description
   [CONTINUES]

   ACTION: alistair e-mail group about ISO contact [CONTINUES]

   Alistair: put [32]TC37 contacts in irc already

     [32] http://www.w3.org/2005/04/21-swbp-irc#T17-58-50

XML Schema datatypes

   ACTION: Ralph get XML Schema Datatype transition request unstuck
   [DONE]

   ACTION: jeremy polite reply to ashok setting expectations [DONE]

   -> [33]Re: Review of XML Schema Datatypes in RDF and OWL

     [33] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Apr/0085.html

Vocabulary Management

   -> Tom's report: [34][VM] Vocabulary Management update

     [34] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005May/0030.html

   Tom: Alistair has proposed a streamlined outline for a VM Note
   ... we proposed to limit the scope to RDF vocabularies; e.g. Dublin
   Core, FOAF, and SKOS
   ... and not cover WordNet and Published Subjects
   ... propose a VM TF telecon on 12 May at SWBPD time (1700 UTC)

   <aliman> i'm ok with that time

RDF-in-XHTML

   Ralph: telecon this week; [35]HTML TF meeting record

     [35] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2005May/0004.html

   ACTION: DanBri help write an rdf schema for the additional xhtml2
   namespace elements [CONTINUES]

   DanBri: I'm still awaiting a public Working Draft before I write this
   ... I would like to know the namespace for the RDF/A vocabulary
   ... what happens to these triples?

   ACTION: Gavin find out from his community and contacts if they have
   use cases [CONTINUES]

   Tom: I will have to reconstruct mail I sent regarding GRDDL on behalf
   of the Dublin Core community
   ... Guus says he saw it
   ... generally, the reaction was "gee that could be nice" but there was
   not a strong reaction either way
   ... got feedback from three people

ADTF

   <libby> [36]Re: [ADTF] decision on criteria for inclusion of apps and
   demos

     [36] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005May/0032.html

   Libby: no objections to [37]current criteria proposal
   ... so we'll try it out
   ... Wiki page exists for DOAP files
   ... getting a lot of submissions of API
   ... these are not "colorful" -- do we need more colorful submission?

     [37] http://esw.w3.org/topic/SemanticWebBestPracticesTaskForceOnApplicationsAndDemos

   Ralph: APIs are useful to developers but I'd like to see some flashy
   stuff good for demos
   ... things that can be run out of the box

   <libby> [38]http://esw.w3.org/topic/SemanticWebDOAPBulletinBoard

     [38] http://esw.w3.org/topic/SemanticWebDOAPBulletinBoard

   Libby: I have created a couple of bookmarklets to help people quickly
   blog demos
   ... helpful if people put things on the mailing list as well

   <libby> (see
   [39]http://esw.w3.org/topic/SemanticWebBestPracticesTaskForceOnApplica
   tionsAndDemos and ask me for help / passwords for the weblog)

     [39] http://esw.w3.org/topic/SemanticWebBestPracticesTaskForceOnApplicationsAndDemos

RDFTM

   (no representatives present)

Tutorial Page

   ACTION: Jeff to talk with Benjamin to propose a process for submission
   of FAQ questions [DONE]

   Benjamin: Jeff accepted my proposal

   <BenjaminNguyen> [40]http://www-rocq.inria.fr/~bnguyen/swbpd-faq.ps

     [40] http://www-rocq.inria.fr/~bnguyen/swbpd-faq.ps

   Tom: can we have PDF please?

   Ralph: how about HTML?

   Benjamin: this is not the final version, please look at the content

SE TF

   Phil: several TF members have been busy [with other matters]
   ... expect to have some document for review in the next couple of
   weeks
   ... Jeff is helping

   Jeff: Elisa contributed some comments on a draft
   ... we need someone who is a domain expert from ASE to help us
   ... talking with Evan about an ISWC workshop
   ... talked with Chris about invited talks for workshop, Chris
   volunteered to solicit speakers from ASE
   ... we have a workshop Web site and will send a call for participation

   Ralph: what is the connection between the workshop and this WG?

   Chris: the Workshop is a reason to do the work of the SE TF

   Phil: helps us focus on what the TF wants to do

   Ralph: does a document that does not cover ASE make no sense? can't
   you publish something useful without it?

   Phil: the sense is that it would be worthwhile to include ASE

   Chris: the TF is responding to a WG consensus that including ASE would
   be useful

   Evan: there is a fear that folk in the ASE community would feel we
   learned nothing from their experience

   Mike: there's no harm in publishing a note that is explicit about
   saying "there is a really important area that has not been covered and
   we think it should be covered"

   Phil: the TF may be being overly cautious as this could be a
   provocative area

   Ralph: it's useful to get some framework published and see if this
   attracts more participation

   Mike: it's also possible that there is no "best practice" yet in this
   area

   <ekw> [41]SWESE Wkshp page

     [41] http://www.mel.nist.gov/msid/conferences/SWESE/

   <ekw> CFP will go out very soon

Summary of Action Items

   ACTION: Aldo to propose an update the Wordnet TF description
   ACTION: Alistair to think about machine-readable change policies
   [recorded in
   [42]http://www.w3.org/2005/05/05-swbp-minutes.html#action05]
   ACTION: Alistair e-mail group about ISO contact
   ACTION: Chairs to discuss the httpRange-14 issue at the coordination
   level
   ACTION: DanBri help write an rdf schema for the additional xhtml2
   namespace elements
   ACTION: Gavin find out from his community and contacts if they have
   use cases
   ACTION: Jeff to review XML schema LC draft
   [NEW] ACTION: Ralph help Alistair with publication process for SKOS
   documents [recorded in
   [43]http://www.w3.org/2005/05/05-swbp-minutes.html#action06]

   [DONE] ACTION: Jeff to talk with Benjamin to propose a process for
   submission of FAQ questions
   [DONE] ACTION: Jeremy post personal review to XSCD doc [recorded in
   [44]http://www.w3.org/2005/05/05-swbp-minutes.html#action03]
   [DONE] ACTION: Jeremy polite reply to Ashok setting expectations
   [recorded in
   [45]http://www.w3.org/2005/05/05-swbp-minutes.html#action11]
   [DONE] ACTION: Ralph add Note category to WG home page [recorded in
   [46]http://www.w3.org/2005/05/05-swbp-minutes.html#action01]
   [DONE] ACTION: Ralph get XML Schema Datatype transition request
   unstuck [recorded in
   [47]http://www.w3.org/2005/05/05-swbp-minutes.html#action10]
   [DONE] ACTION: Ralph re-ping ISI AC Rep [recorded in
   [48]http://www.w3.org/2005/05/05-swbp-minutes.html#action07]

     _______________________________________________________________
    $Revision: 1.3 $ $Date: 2005/05/09 13:33:06 $
Received on Monday, 9 May 2005 13:38:17 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:09:43 UTC