W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swbp-wg@w3.org > April 2005

Re: [ALL] agenda April 7 telecon

From: Christopher Welty <welty@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 15:53:27 -0400
To: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@cs.vu.nl>
Cc: SWBPD list <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>, public-swbp-wg-request@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF33A33469.1897E90B-ON85256FDB.006CA566-85256FDB.006D4436@us.ibm.com>
I spoke today with DanC about the UNSAID and SOURCE issues and gave him 
some input.  This action is completed:

ACTION: Chris to provide input to DAWG based on deployment experience.

My advise was basically that:

1.  We have run across almost desperate need to "indentify" graphs and 
then, therefore, to be able to quantify over them and their contents.
2.  I agree with the general sentiment that "bound" and "!" together 
provide an (albeit somewhat contorted) way of expressing any kind of "not 
present" query I can imagine, and that using experience from SQL here 
makes a lot of sense.

-Chris

Dr. Christopher A. Welty, Knowledge Structures Group
IBM Watson Research Center, 19 Skyline Dr., Hawthorne, NY  10532     USA   
 
Voice: +1 914.784.7055,  IBM T/L: 863.7055, Fax: +1 914.784.7455
Email: welty@watson.ibm.com, Web: 
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/w/welty/



Guus Schreiber <schreiber@cs.vu.nl> 
Sent by: public-swbp-wg-request@w3.org
04/06/2005 12:54 PM

To
SWBPD list <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>
cc

Subject
[ALL] agenda April 7 telecon







AGENDA  Teleconference
W3C Semantic Web Best Practices & Deployment Working Group
7 April 2005, 1800 UTC
             1000 (West US)
             1300 (East US)
             1800 (London)
             1900 (Amsterdam),
             0300 (next day Tokyo)
             0500 (next day Sydney)
Duration: 60-90 min

Bridge: +1.617.761.6200 conference code 7927# ('SWBP')
IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #swbp
Web-based IRC (member-only):
   http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

Chair: Guus Schreiber
Scribe: tbd (pls volunteer)

Please note that SWBP&D WG telecons are for attendance by members and
invited experts only.


1. ADMIN (15 min)

Roll call
Regrets:  Jeremy

PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the March 24 telecon:
   only IRC log available at the moment:
   http://www.w3.org/2005/03/24-swbp-irc

PROPOSED to accept the minutes of Boston ftf 4-5 March:
    http://www.w3.org/2005/03/03-swbp-minutes

PROPOSED next telecon
    21 April, 1800 UTC

Agenda amendments

General actionss:

ACTION: chairs & ralph to organise straw poll on f2f location [10]

ACTION: Ralph investigate what action may be taken when an
   interested participant has been unable to get a response from his
   AC Rep [15]


2. LIAISON


2.1 Proposed resolution httpRange-14

ACTION: davidw to draft the http-range-14 message [2]
DONE:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Mar/0202.html

See discussion thread.


2.2 OMG: ODM review

ACTION: Guus to review OWL metamodel
ACTION: Deb to go over OWL metamodel and provide a summary


2.3 DAWG: UNSAID and SOURCE issues

ACTION: Chris to provide input to DAWG based on deployment experience.
ACTION: deb sort SOURCE issue discussion timing out with DanC how you
    like; copy in davidw


2.4 XML Schema Last Call

ACTION: jjc to review XML schema LC draft [8]
ACTION: jeff to review XML schema LC draft [9]


3. TF UPDATE

SWBPD FAQ proposal:
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Mar/0097.html


3.1 PORT (Alistair)

ACTION: Alistair to think about machine-readable change policies

Update:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Apr/0015.html

- publication plan


3.1 OEP (Deb/Chris)

ACTION Guus  review of part-whole draft
ACTION Bill  review of part-whole draft

- publication status of Notes


3.3 WordNet (Aldo)

ACTION: guus to contact aldo re whether he can attend next telecon [16]

New documents:
Ontowordnet
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Feb/0066.html
WordNet data model:
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Feb/0068.html
ISLE lexical entries
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Feb/0069.html


3.4 XML Schema datatypes (Jeremy)

ACTION: jeff to coordinate editorial changes, formatting
   requirements, etc for XML schema dtypes [17]

- publicatiobn status


3.5 Vocabulary management (TomB)

Possible note:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Apr/0012.html


3.6 RDF-in-HTML (Ben)

ACTION: DanBri help write an rdf schema for the additional xhtml2
    namespace elements
ACTION: Gavin find out from his community and contacts if they have
    use cases
ACTION: BenA set a time for the RDF-in-XHTML telecons
ACTION: the rdf in html tf to discuss whether GRIDDL needs to work on
    XHTML2 documents
ACTION: Tom Baker ask DC colleagues if many use rdf inside html


3.7 ADTF (Libby)


3.8 RDFTM (Steve)

ACTION: pepper to change reference to RDF semantics [3]

- publication status


3.9 Tutorial Page

ACTION: david to ask for volunteers to take over tutorial page [24]
   DONE

Volunteers are BenjaminN and JeffP

3.10 SE TF

Notes 29 March TF telecon:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Mar/0215.html


4, AOB



-- 
Free University Amsterdam, Computer Science
De Boelelaan 1081a, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Tel: +31 20 598 7739/7718; E-mail: schreiber@cs.vu.nl
Home page: http://www.cs.vu.nl/~guus/
Received on Wednesday, 6 April 2005 19:53:22 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:17:16 GMT