W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swbp-wg@w3.org > November 2004

Re: [ALL] agenda Nov 18 telecon

From: Phil Tetlow <philip.tetlow@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 04:07:42 -0500
To: "Deborah L. McGuinness" <dlm@ksl.stanford.edu>
Cc: SWBPD list <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <OFF5B269CB.539F0AFA-ON80256F50.0031A9A4-85256F50.004C20AB@uk.ibm.com>





Deborah

Absolutely.... I hope you get a chance to look at my draft Terms of
Reference for the proposed SETF (posted to the group yesterday). I have
included some words that hopefully start to address overlap with other
TF's, but any additional constraints would be warmly welcomed.

Kind regards

Phil Tetlow
Senior Consultant
IBM Business Consulting Services
Mobile. (+44) 7740 923328


                                                                           
             "Deborah L.                                                   
             McGuinness"                                                   
             <dlm@ksl.stanford                                          To 
             .edu>                     Phil Tetlow/UK/IBM@IBMGB            
                                                                        cc 
             17/11/2004 22:38          Guus Schreiber                      
                                       <schreiber@cs.vu.nl>, SWBPD list    
                                       <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>             
                                                                   Subject 
                                       Re: [ALL] agenda Nov 18 telecon     
                                                                           
                                                                           
                                                                           
                                                                           
                                                                           
                                                                           




i am in support of the task force but I would like to formation
description  to explicitly address overlapping issues with existing task
forces
(at least with oep as i mentioned in previous email).

deborah


Phil Tetlow wrote:

>
>
>
>Guus,
>
>Can I propose a further agenda item please? Namely the establishment of a
>Software Engineering Task Force as outlined by Jeff Pan and myself.
>
>Kind Regards
>
>
>Phil Tetlow
>Senior Consultant
>IBM Business Consulting Services
>Mobile. (+44) 7740 923328
>
>
>

>             Guus Schreiber

>             <schreiber@cs.vu.

>             nl>                                                        To

>             Sent by:                  SWBPD list <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>

>             public-swbp-wg-re                                          cc

>             quest@w3.org

>                                                                   Subject

>                                       [ALL] agenda Nov 18 telecon

>             17/11/2004 07:56

>

>

>

>

>

>
>
>
>
>
>AGENDA  Teleconference
>W3C Semantic Web Best Practices & Deployment Working Group
>
>[NOTE: the UTC time has been moved forward one hour to accommodate for
>the end of DST in Europe and US]
>
>18 November 2004, 1900 UTC
>       1100 (West US)
>       1400 (East US)
>       1900 (London)
>       2000 (Amsterdam),
>       0400 (next day Tokyo)
>       0600 (next day Sydney)
>Duration: 60-90 min
>
>Bridge: +1.617.761.6200 passcode 7927# ('SWBP')
>IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #swbp
>   Web-based IRC (member-only):
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Jun/0033.html
>
>Chair: Guus Schreiber / David Wood
>Scribe: tbd (pls volunteer)
>
>Please note that SWBP&D WG telecons are for attendance by members and
>invited experts only.
>
>
>1. ADMINISTRIVIA (15 min)
>
>Roll call
>Regrets:
>
>PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the Oct 28 telecon:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Oct/0170.html
>
>PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the Bristol 1-2 Nov ftf:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Nov/0045.html
>
>PROPOSED next telecon
>   Dec 2, 1500 UTC
>
>Short discussion about telecon times:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Nov/0079.html
>
>Agenda amendments
>
>
>2. ACTION ITEM REVIEW (10-15 min)
>
> From Oct 28 telecon:
>
>    ACTION: BenB read ODM documents [2]
>    ACTION: gary ng review ODM [7]
>    ACTION: Ralph to ask WG for feedback on requirement to embed RDF/XML
>      markup in an XHTML document  [9]
>    ACTION: danbri circulate links for his existing feedback/review to
dawg
>    ACTION: philT look at garyng's message, see what actions if any this
wg
>      shoudl take [20]
>    ACTION: chrisw approach sophia about units and measures
>      particpating  DONE
>    ACTION: guus to note on numeric ranges after the xml datatypes TF has
>      finished
>    ACTION: libby to make that note into a document to read for the f2f by
>      25th oct [28] DONE
>    ACTION: guus send jeremy pointer about numeric ranges and XMLS [13]
>    ACTION: jjc to send around pointers on HTML TF [14] DONE
>    ACTION: libby to send pointers to list in preparation for f2f [15]
DONE
>
> From Bristol ftf:
>
>    ACTION: Alistair make explicit in skos core doc the fact that
>      you're trying to deal with potential for multiple thesauri using the
>      same terms, overlap etc., different from paper publishing world
>    ACTION: Ben to send this statement to HTML WG via email
>    ACTION: Brian and DanBri need to talk about what need to do for
>      Wordnet document to be good enough
>    ACTION: David to reword the statement on RDF A to HTML WG
>    ACTION: JJC review SPARQL WD re
>
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-rdf-sparql-query-20041012/#extendedtests
>    ACTION: Phil to write up concerns about RDF/A on email
>    ACTION: Steve to email on concerns for RDF in XHTML
>    ACTION: VM TF to compile list of sample vocabs for the note
>    ACTION: VM TF with help from Guus to find thesaurus like example
>      and high end ontologies to section 3
>    ACTION: David to contact Eric Miller re his interest in joining
>      the RDFTM TF
>    ACTION: find someone to do the review the part of UML about TM
>    ACTION: Jeremy Clarify which parts of UML docs HP is most
>      interested in reviewing
>    ACTION: Steve to finish rdftm TF description
>
>
>3. TECH PLENARY / SWBPD MARCH FTF
>
>- dates, interactions with other groups (SWIG, DAWG)
>
>See also message from TAG:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2004OctDec/0057.html
>   (member-only)
>
>
>4. RDFTM Task FORCE PROPOSAL
>
>PROPOSED to start work on the a new RDF/Topic Maps TF:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Nov/0071.html
>
>5. TF UPDATES (5-10 min each)
>
>
>5.1 OEP (Deb)
>
>5.2 PORT (Alistair)
>
>   Quick-start doc:
>
>5.3 WordNet (Aldo)
>
>   Notes ftf breakout:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Nov/0011.html
>
>5.4 XML Schema datatypes (Jeremey)
>
>5.5 Vocabulary management (TomB)
>
>
>5.6 RDF-in-HTML (Ben)
>
>   Notes ftf breakout session:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Nov/0012.html
>
>
>5.7 ADTF (Libby)
>
>5.8 Tutorial Page (TomA)
>
>
>6. AOB
>
>--
>Free University Amsterdam, Computer Science
>De Boelelaan 1081a, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
>Tel: +31 20 444 7739/7718
>E-mail: schreiber@cs.vu.nl
>Home page: http://www.cs.vu.nl/~guus/
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

--
 Deborah L. McGuinness
 Knowledge Systems Laboratory
 353 Serra Mall
 Gates Computer Science Building, 2A Room 241
 Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305-9020
 email: dlm@ksl.stanford.edu
 URL: http://ksl.stanford.edu/people/dlm/index.html
 (voice) 650 723 9770    (stanford fax) 650 725 5850   (computer fax)  801
705 0941
Received on Thursday, 18 November 2004 09:04:43 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:09:40 UTC