W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swbp-wg@w3.org > November 2004

Re: [ALL] agenda Nov 18 telecon

From: Ben Adida <ben@mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:00:58 -0500
Message-Id: <1B856FBE-38A1-11D9-A213-0003939247DC@mit.edu>
Cc: SWBPD list <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>
To: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@cs.vu.nl>


Regrets, my usual bad Thursday afternoon time.

On my action to send email to the HTML WG:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Nov/0006.html

We haven't heard back from the HTML WG yet. There are a handful of 
comments from people within this WG concerning RDF/A. The RDF/XHTML TF 
will consider these soon, as well as restart parallel work on GRDDL and 
other alternatives for including RDF in HTML.

-Ben

On Nov 17, 2004, at 7:56 AM, Guus Schreiber wrote:

>
> AGENDA  Teleconference
> W3C Semantic Web Best Practices & Deployment Working Group
>
> [NOTE: the UTC time has been moved forward one hour to accommodate for
> the end of DST in Europe and US]
>
> 18 November 2004, 1900 UTC
>       1100 (West US)
>       1400 (East US)
>       1900 (London)
>       2000 (Amsterdam),
>       0400 (next day Tokyo)
>       0600 (next day Sydney)
> Duration: 60-90 min
>
> Bridge: +1.617.761.6200 passcode 7927# ('SWBP')
> IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #swbp
>   Web-based IRC (member-only):
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Jun/0033.html
>
> Chair: Guus Schreiber / David Wood
> Scribe: tbd (pls volunteer)
>
> Please note that SWBP&D WG telecons are for attendance by members and
> invited experts only.
>
>
> 1. ADMINISTRIVIA (15 min)
>
> Roll call
> Regrets:
>
> PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the Oct 28 telecon:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Oct/0170.html
>
> PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the Bristol 1-2 Nov ftf:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Nov/0045.html
>
> PROPOSED next telecon
>   Dec 2, 1500 UTC
>
> Short discussion about telecon times:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Nov/0079.html
>
> Agenda amendments
>
>
> 2. ACTION ITEM REVIEW (10-15 min)
>
> From Oct 28 telecon:
>
>    ACTION: BenB read ODM documents [2]
>    ACTION: gary ng review ODM [7]
>    ACTION: Ralph to ask WG for feedback on requirement to embed RDF/XML
>      markup in an XHTML document  [9]
>    ACTION: danbri circulate links for his existing feedback/review to 
> dawg
>    ACTION: philT look at garyng's message, see what actions if any 
> this wg
>      shoudl take [20]
>    ACTION: chrisw approach sophia about units and measures
>      particpating  DONE
>    ACTION: guus to note on numeric ranges after the xml datatypes TF 
> has
>      finished
>    ACTION: libby to make that note into a document to read for the f2f 
> by
>      25th oct [28] DONE
>    ACTION: guus send jeremy pointer about numeric ranges and XMLS [13]
>    ACTION: jjc to send around pointers on HTML TF [14] DONE
>    ACTION: libby to send pointers to list in preparation for f2f [15] 
> DONE
>
> From Bristol ftf:
>
>    ACTION: Alistair make explicit in skos core doc the fact that
>      you're trying to deal with potential for multiple thesauri using 
> the
>      same terms, overlap etc., different from paper publishing world
>    ACTION: Ben to send this statement to HTML WG via email
>    ACTION: Brian and DanBri need to talk about what need to do for
>      Wordnet document to be good enough
>    ACTION: David to reword the statement on RDF A to HTML WG
>    ACTION: JJC review SPARQL WD re
>      
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-rdf-sparql-query-20041012/#extendedtests
>    ACTION: Phil to write up concerns about RDF/A on email
>    ACTION: Steve to email on concerns for RDF in XHTML
>    ACTION: VM TF to compile list of sample vocabs for the note
>    ACTION: VM TF with help from Guus to find thesaurus like example
>      and high end ontologies to section 3
>    ACTION: David to contact Eric Miller re his interest in joining
>      the RDFTM TF
>    ACTION: find someone to do the review the part of UML about TM
>    ACTION: Jeremy Clarify which parts of UML docs HP is most
>      interested in reviewing
>    ACTION: Steve to finish rdftm TF description
>
>
> 3. TECH PLENARY / SWBPD MARCH FTF
>
> - dates, interactions with other groups (SWIG, DAWG)
>
> See also message from TAG:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2004OctDec/0057.html
>   (member-only)
>
>
> 4. RDFTM Task FORCE PROPOSAL
>
> PROPOSED to start work on the a new RDF/Topic Maps TF:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Nov/0071.html
>
> 5. TF UPDATES (5-10 min each)
>
>
> 5.1 OEP (Deb)
>
> 5.2 PORT (Alistair)
>
>   Quick-start doc:
>
> 5.3 WordNet (Aldo)
>
>   Notes ftf breakout:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Nov/0011.html
>
> 5.4 XML Schema datatypes (Jeremey)
>
> 5.5 Vocabulary management (TomB)
>
>
> 5.6 RDF-in-HTML (Ben)
>
>   Notes ftf breakout session:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Nov/0012.html
>
>
> 5.7 ADTF (Libby)
>
> 5.8 Tutorial Page (TomA)
>
>
> 6. AOB
>
> -- 
> Free University Amsterdam, Computer Science
> De Boelelaan 1081a, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
> Tel: +31 20 444 7739/7718
> E-mail: schreiber@cs.vu.nl
> Home page: http://www.cs.vu.nl/~guus/
>
>
Received on Wednesday, 17 November 2004 14:01:03 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:09:40 UTC