Close to final draft of "classes as values" note

From: Natasha Noy <noy@SMI.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 13:23:30 -0700
To: swbp <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>

You can find the next (and, hopefully, close to last iteration) of the
"Classes as values" note at

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2004May/att-0019/
ClassesAsValues-v3.html

At this point, as we've agreed in the previous telecon, I would like to
propose this document as an official note.

Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions.

Major changes:

1. I've added one more approach (approach 4) that approximates the
solution by identifying the book as a  book about *some* lions. It is
indeed an approximation, but the question has come up often enough that
I felt it was worth at least mentioning and explaining what's different
about such an approach. Please take a look at the considerations there,
since this stuff is all new.

2. I've changed to real book examples, as Bernard suggested. I used
rdfs:seeAlso to refer to the isbn site (cool resource indeed)

3. I have not used SKOS properties in approach 3 directly (avoiding the
addition of another complexity level), but I have mentioned it (and
also used seeAlso to point to the corresponding SKOS property). I hope
it's a reasonable compromise.

Natasha