[SE] Re: Software Engineering Task Force

At 05:41 AM 12/3/2004 -0500, Phil Tetlow wrote:
>Ralph,
>
>I hope things as going well at the W10 meeting?

yes, thanks.  Sorry for the delayed reply; I'm swamped with various
things at the moment, only some of which is WG-related.

>At yesterday’s SWBP telecon the Software Engineering Task Force was agreed.
>Therefore I would appreciate your guidance on:
>
>1.    Posting the current terms of reference to the SWBP homepage

It would help me a lot if you'd mail me a version of the content of [1]
put into the WG's task force description template [2].  (This template
is linked from the Background References section [3] of the WG home
page but may be easy to overlook there.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Nov/0084.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/TFtemplate
[3] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/#Background

>2.    Setting up a public mailing list

Does the SE Task Force want a separate mailing list?  Not seeing
minutes yet of the 2 December meeting I don't know if having a
separate list was discussed or decided.  At the present, all TFs are
using public-swbp-wg list with the convention of adding a token to
the subject line (as Mike Uschold did in [4] and I did in this message).
The HTML task force is the only exception currently, as there was
already a list established for that work prior to the SWBPD WG
coming into existence.  (I don't feel personally that a separate list
is warranted, though I don't feel so strongly as to discuss it for long.
Ultimately, the entire WG is responsible for reaching consensus on
any proposals from each task force.)

[4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Dec/0027.html

>3.    Setting up a public Wiki

Please use the wiki at http://esw.w3.org/topic/FrontPage