Use of SVG to describe EPUB region

From: FUJISAWA Jun <fujisawa.jun@canon.co.jp>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 14:26:00 +0900
To: W3C SVG Working Group <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
Hi group,

I've been involved in IDPF EPUB standardization for some time, and I'd
like to hear your feedback on the possible use of SVG to describe EPUB
region information.

<http://epub-revision.googlecode.com/files/FF_AHL_RegionRepresentation.pdf>

This is related to EPUB Advanced/Hybrid Layouts specifications. IDPF had
the first F2F meeting on this specification last month. At the meeting,
the WG decided to create five documents including "Regions of Interest
(ROI)" and "Use SVG for regions for ROI" during the first half of this
year.

<http://code.google.com/p/epub-revision/wiki/AHLFirstF2F>

--
Jun Fujisawa