Re: SVG Test Templates

From: <tavmjong@free.fr>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 22:01:39 +0200 (CEST)
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Cc: public-svg-wg@w3.org

----- Original Message -----
| From: "Chris Lilley" <chris@w3.org>

| On Friday, June 15, 2012, 4:28:50 PM, tavmjong wrote:
|
| tff> Hi,
|
| tff> I've updated the SVG2 Testing Requirements page[1] with new test
| tff> templates as discussed at yesterday's teleconference. Please
| tff> check if they are OK. (Scroll to the bottom of the page.)
|
| tff> Tav
|
| tff> [1]
| http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/SVG2/Testing_Requirements
|
| Looks good to me. Oh - the text inside <g id="test-body-content">
| should have a size specified. Putting it on the g element would be
| convenient. So
|
| <g id="test-body-content" font-size="16">

OK, I've added it to the test template.

| Note that Free Sans now comes in WOFF as well as OT. Scroll to the
| end of
|
| http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/freefont/
|
| or more directly,
|
| http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/freefont/freefont-woff-20120503.zip
|
| and unzip it into the right place in the test suite area. (Yes I
| still need to send my public key to jwatt, or I would put it there
| myself).

I had added the FreeSans family of fonts in woff format to my own "submitted" directory. It seems the version you have referenced may be newer so I will replace it.

Just to verify, am I correct that for security reasons with some browsers, each directory of tests will need to have its own copy of the the fonts? So we will need:

approved/css3-transforms/fonts/
approved/svg2/fonts/
contributors/tavmjong/incoming/fonts/
contributors/tavmjong/submitted/fonts/