W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-svg-wg@w3.org > April to June 2011

Minutes 6 April 2011 SVG WG telcon

From: Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 21:49:46 +0200
To: "public-svg-wg@w3.org" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <op.vti708higeuyw5@mbp-2.local>
Html minutes:


     http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-svg-minutes.html


Text minutes:


    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                    SVG Working Group Teleconference

06 Apr 2011

    [2]Agenda

       [2]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2011AprJun/0000.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-svg-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Doug_Schepers, ed, tav, ChrisL, anthony, [IPcaller]

    Regrets
    Chair
           SV_MEETING_CHAIR

    Scribe
           ed

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]japan f2f
          2. [6]SVG 1.1F2 progress
          3. [7]Approving shapes-rect-03-t, filters-image-04-f,
             filters-image-05-f
          4. [8]Discrete to-animation
          5. [9]gradient meshes
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 06 April 2011

    [11]http://mcc.id.au/2007/03/telcon/index.pl?op=impossible

      [11] http://mcc.id.au/2007/03/telcon/index.pl?op=impossible

    20.00 UTC thurdays, does that work for everyone?

    RESOLUTION: we'll move the weekly svg telcon to 20.00UTC on
    Thursdays (starting next week)

    <scribe> scribe: ed

japan f2f

    CL: css wg is meeting in osaka

    <scribe> scribeNick: ed

    DS: why did we want to colocate?

    CL: we have things to discuss with them

    DS: does canon's offer to host extend to osaka?

    AG: i'll ask JF

    <scribe> ACTION: AG to find out if canon can host an svg wg f2f in
    osaka (colocated with css) [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-svg-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-3016 - Find out if canon can host an svg
    wg f2f in osaka (colocated with css) [on Anthony Grasso - due
    2011-04-13].

    ED: what dates again?

    <ChrisL> css is 1-4 June. Joint meeting on Friday 3

    <ChrisL> svg would be mon 6 to thu 9 june

    DS: concerned about all the necessary people being able to attend in
    japan

    <ChrisL> japanese meet-the-css wg would be Tues 31 May

    <scribe> ACTION: send email to the svgwg list and ask who will
    attend the next f2f [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-svg-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - send

    <scribe> ACTION: ed to send email to the svgwg list and ask who will
    attend the next f2f [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-svg-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-3017 - Send email to the svgwg list and
    ask who will attend the next f2f [on Erik Dahlström - due
    2011-04-13].

    <scribe> ACTION: ed to send out email reminding people about the new
    telcon time [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-svg-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-3018 - Send out email reminding people
    about the new telcon time [on Erik Dahlström - due 2011-04-13].

    <ChrisL> action chris to set up new telcon time

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-3019 - Set up new telcon time [on Chris
    Lilley - due 2011-04-13].

SVG 1.1F2 progress

    ED: DS you are working on the proximal event target action?

    DS: yes, but patches are welcome
    ... not sure about some of the feedback
    ... will go another round to the mailinglist, don't agree with some
    parts, other parts i don't understand

    ED: next is changes appendix

    CL: will try doing it tomorrow
    ... if it's not done by this week, i'll hand over the action to
    someone else
    ... heycam asked to take it over
    ... i've done half of it

    ED: last one is on me, i'll try to do it tomorrow
    ... the DoC is in pretty good shape, we're just waiting for reponses
    from some people, but it's mostly done

Approving shapes-rect-03-t, filters-image-04-f, filters-image-05-f

    [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2011JanMar/026
    2.html

      [16]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2011JanMar/0262.html

    ED: three passes
    ... accept?

    CL: yes, looks good

    ED: filters-image-04 is passing in opera and firefox at least
    ... same for filters-image-05
    ... accept those tests as well?

    CL: yes

    <scribe> ACTION: ed to mark shapes-rect-03-t, filters-image-04-f,
    filters-image-05-f as accepted [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-svg-minutes.html#action05]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-3020 - Mark shapes-rect-03-t,
    filters-image-04-f, filters-image-05-f as accepted [on Erik
    Dahlström - due 2011-04-13].

Discrete to-animation

    ED: DOH seems to be rather strongly opposed to changing what's in
    1.1
    ... i'd probably be more comfortable making these changes in svg2
    ... i'm mostly ok with what brian is proposing, maybe apart from the
    keytimes/keysplines thing since the spec isn't very clear on whether
    it applies to values-animations only

    AG: just want to get 1.1F2 done

    DS: feel the same way

    CL: what's the impact of making these changes?
    ... any new tests needed?

    [18]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/animate-elem-92-t.
    svg

      [18]  
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/animate-elem-92-t.svg

    ED: haven't been reviewed yet, unclear if it conflicts with tests in
    1.2T
    ... (meaning it may need to be changed there too)

    CL: could we accept the wording and worry about the test later?

    ED: so some of this behaviour is already implemented
    ... how about, let's make the change and if there are strong
    objections back it out?

    CL: we can always errata it if we need to

    RESOLUTION: accept brian's Discrete to-animation proposal for 1.1F2

    <scribe> ACTION: heycam to add brian's Discrete to-animation
    proposal wording to SVG 1.1F2 [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-svg-minutes.html#action06]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-3021 - Add brian's Discrete to-animation
    proposal wording to SVG 1.1F2 [on Cameron McCormack - due
    2011-04-13].

gradient meshes

    <tbah> [20]http://tavmjong.free.fr/SVG/MESH/Mesh.html

      [20] http://tavmjong.free.fr/SVG/MESH/Mesh.html

    TB: contacted tab atkins about the gradient meshes, and got some
    feedback

    <scribe> ... new proposed syntax from tab inspired by jasper

    trackbot, end telcon

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: AG to find out if canon can host an svg wg f2f in
    osaka (colocated with css) [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-svg-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: ed to mark shapes-rect-03-t, filters-image-04-f,
    filters-image-05-f as accepted [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-svg-minutes.html#action05]
    [NEW] ACTION: ed to send email to the svgwg list and ask who will
    attend the next f2f [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-svg-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: ed to send out email reminding people about the new
    telcon time [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-svg-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: heycam to add brian's Discrete to-animation proposal
    wording to SVG 1.1F2 [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-svg-minutes.html#action06]
    [NEW] ACTION: send email to the svgwg list and ask who will attend
    the next f2f [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-svg-minutes.html#action02]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [27]scribe.perl version 1.135
     ([28]CVS log)
     $Date: 2011/04/06 19:48:28 $
      _________________________________________________________

      [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20
Check for newer version at [29]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

      [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: ed
Inferring ScribeNick: ed
Found ScribeNick: ed
Default Present: Doug_Schepers, ed, tav, ChrisL, anthony, [IPcaller]
Present: Doug_Schepers ed tav ChrisL anthony [IPcaller]
Agenda: [30]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2011AprJu
n/0000.html

      [30]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2011AprJun/0000.html

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 06 Apr 2011
Guessing minutes URL: [31]http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-svg-minutes.html
People with action items: ag ed email heycam send

      [31] http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-svg-minutes.html

    End of [32]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [32] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm


-- 
Erik Dahlstrom, Core Technology Developer, Opera Software
Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
Personal blog: http://my.opera.com/macdev_ed
Received on Wednesday, 6 April 2011 19:50:18 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 6 April 2011 19:50:18 GMT