Re: More on circular references (ACTION-2494)

Hi, Lee-

Lee Martineau wrote (on 3/19/09 9:57 AM):

> Interpreting "highly perceivable indication of error" to be that the
> UA simply stops rendering works for me.

Great.

Note that this may not be the best indicator of error for every
situation.  For an external resource (like a missing image), you might
put up a missing-image icon; for a problem in progressive rendering, you
might put up a flashing clock or an alert that content has stopped
meaningful indication to the user that not everything may be as the
author intended is the goal.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs