Re: More on circular references (ACTION-2494)

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 13:42:01 -0400
To: Lee Martineau <lee.martineau@quickoffice.com>
CC: "public-svg-wg@w3.org" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
Hi, Lee-

Lee Martineau wrote (on 3/19/09 9:57 AM):

> Interpreting "highly perceivable indication of error" to be that the
> UA simply stops rendering works for me.

Great.

Note that this may not be the best indicator of error for every
situation.  For an external resource (like a missing image), you might
put up a missing-image icon; for a problem in progressive rendering, you
might put up a flashing clock or an alert that content has stopped
meaningful indication to the user that not everything may be as the
author intended is the goal.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs