Re: Tests required for recent changes to SVG 1.1 Second Edition

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 14:02:28 +1000
To: Erik Dahlström <ed@opera.com>, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Cc: public-svg-wg@w3.org
Cameron McCormack:
> > OK.  Is SVG’s behaviour consistent with this?

Erik Dahlström:
> In Opera yes, it's handled the same way.

How about in the spec (apart from the @charset and other attributes that
we don’t have)?  Do you know if the behaviour required by the SVG spec
matches what HTML 5 requires in terms of what to do with @type?

> …
> However, writing this now I wonder if it might be possible to generate
> the resulting image as a raster, and to use another filter for adding
> this referenceimage to the test filter output in order to get some
> image that can be more easily verified.

Chris Lilley:
> Take the difference (per channel) between the reference image and the
> result image, add 127 (because difference will have a sign), result
> should be a flat grey if they are identical.

It should also be possible to write a filter that turns non-matching
pixels into black and matching pixels into white to make it more
noticeable, right?  (Though it has the disadvantage of requiring that
filter to be working properly to get meaningful test results.)