Re: Tests required for recent changes to SVG 1.1 Second Edition

Assuming "the spec" meant SVG 1.1, the spec doesn't mandate any particular behaviour for @type. It only "identifies the scripting language for the given script element".

> Do you know if the behaviour required by the SVG spec
> matches what HTML 5 requires in terms of what to do with @type?

Well, SVG 1.1 doesn't say really, so it's compatible in that sense. Handling the @type on <svg:script> the same as <html:script> is allowed as far as I can tell.

If instead we look at SVGT1.2, then more of the script processing is described, but I don't see wording similar to http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/semantics.html#running-a-script and @type handling still isn't covered.

Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group