Re: <script> elements running only once

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 17:44:21 +1000
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org

Hi Alex.

Alexander Adam:
> I'd like to note that it's hard to re-execute scripts once they're
> in the context it's almost impossible to take them out again if the
> script engine doesn't support it. For example, Renesis uses Jscript
> and we do not have any chance to get it out except shutting the whole
> engine down, then restarting it and re-inserting all scripts..

Yeah, I don’t think the scripts should be “removed” if the <script>
element is removed from the document.  (Neither the SVG Tiny 1.2 text
nor the HTML 5 text require that.)  Re-executing a <script> element
shouldn’t be hard though, if we decided to keep that requirement, since
it should be just the same as ‘eval’ing the text content of the element.