Re: Good to see a hint of progress

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 04:25:00 EST
To: chris@w3.org, public-svg-print@w3.org
In a message dated 18/02/2003 09:03:58 GMT Standard Time, chris@w3.org

> On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, 9:29:01 AM, AndrewWatt2001 wrote:
> Aac> It's good to see, with the creation of this list, a hint that a draft
> SVG
> Aac> print profile is (implicitly) going to hit the public domain soon.
> Hi Andrew.
> Well, typically a requirements document comes first.

Hi Chris,

Um ... :) ... I didn't say the print profile would be *next*. :)

A Requirements WD would be a good start.

> Aac> At least I assume that is what this list will be about. :)
> Its about using SVG for print - not just 'print this SVG file i am
> viewing' but also 'generate SVG in print driver for sending to
> SVG-enabled printer'. This may or may not require a separate profile.
> It could also be a set of efficiency guidelines, color matching
> guidelines, and information for optimising workflows.

I am waiting with interest to see what emerges.

For example, how many of the issues raised at SVG Open 2002 by Canon about
use of SVG as page description language,

will be addressed,  what additional colour spaces might be added etc.

Andrew Watt
P.S. Did you receive a private email I sent you a few days ago? With the
increase in spam I tend to wonder if spam filters are being over zealous at
times with AOL mail.