Re: Good to see a hint of progress

On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, 10:25:00 AM, AndrewWatt2001 wrote:

Aac> In a message dated 18/02/2003 09:03:58 GMT Standard Time, chris@w3.org
Aac> writes:

>> On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, 9:29:01 AM, AndrewWatt2001 wrote:
>>

>> Aac> It's good to see, with the creation of this list, a hint that a draft
>> SVG
>> Aac> print profile is (implicitly) going to hit the public domain soon.
>>
>> Hi Andrew.
>>
>> Well, typically a requirements document comes first.

Aac> Hi Chris,

Aac> Um ... :) ... I didn't say the print profile would be *next*. :)

Right. Neither did I, nor did I announce that a requirements document
would be published soon.

Aac> A Requirements WD would be a good start.

Yes.

>> Aac> At least I assume that is what this list will be about. :)
>>
>> Its about using SVG for print - not just 'print this SVG file i am
>> viewing' but also 'generate SVG in print driver for sending to
>> SVG-enabled printer'. This may or may not require a separate profile.
>> It could also be a set of efficiency guidelines, color matching
>> guidelines, and information for optimising workflows.
>>

Aac> I am waiting with interest to see what emerges.

Aac> For example, how many of the issues raised at SVG Open 2002 by Canon about
Aac> use of SVG as page description language,
Aac> http://www.svgopen.org/papers/2002/danilo_fujisawa__svg_as_page_description_la

Aac> nguage/
Aac> will be addressed,

I would expect to see the majority of them addressed, and all of them
noted as feature requests.

Aac> what additional colour spaces might be added etc.

Did you have any particular requests? Device CMYK, Color managed CMYK,
LAB, Hexachrome, spot colors, metallics, varnishes?

Aac> Andrew Watt
Aac> P.S. Did you receive a private email I sent you a few days ago? With the
Aac> increase in spam I tend to wonder if spam filters are being over zealous at
Aac> times with AOL mail.

Will check.