Re: SVG community site moved, wiki modules updated

From: Jeff Schiller <codedread@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 16:09:29 -0500
To: "Rob Russell" <rob@latenightpc.com>
Cc: "Dailey, David P." <david.dailey@sru.edu>, "SVG IG List" <public-svg-ig@w3.org>

Thanks Rob.

David, I'd focus on the links at the top and left.  Across the top
seem to be general navigation links.  Of immediate use are:

1) Blog - http://www.planetsvg.com/blog
  - to be honest, I'm not sure what the intention is with this section
of the website.  Anybody else have any thoughts?  So far, I consider
this like the 'diary' section of svg.org

2) Forum - http://www.planetsvg.com/forum
  - general forum-like discussion similar to svg-developers.  Have a
general SVG question?  Care to start some free-for-all SVG-related
discussion?  Post here and wait for others to reply.

3) News - http://www.planetsvg.com/news
  - this is for stories found on the web related to SVG.  To 'publish'
stories here, you have to go to Administer > Content Management >
Content, find some stories that are interesting and change their
status to "Publish".  Not sure who has permissions to do this yet.
  - at some point, I want to get a feed for this page, not sure if
that's possible or not

I know we'll get something more concrete going for "Gallery" and
"Scripts" eventually.  I'm not sure what "Home" is for but probably it
will serve as a 'portal' type page that will show the latest blog
posts, latest forum threads (or most active?), latest gallery
submissions, latest news items, or something to that effect.

So I think the next two big things to do with the site are:

- theming
- formatting the Home page in terms of what content is visible

Anybody else have thoughts/suggestions?  Once some minimal theming
occurs I will be glad to start linking to the site (from my blog,
etc).

Thanks,
Jeff Schiller