Re: SVG community site moved, wiki modules updated

From: Jeff Schiller <codedread@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 16:14:43 -0500
To: "Rob Russell" <rob@latenightpc.com>
Cc: "Dailey, David P." <david.dailey@sru.edu>, "SVG IG List" <public-svg-ig@w3.org>

On 10/22/08, Jeff Schiller <codedread@gmail.com> wrote:
>  3) News - http://www.planetsvg.com/news
>   - this is for stories found on the web related to SVG.  To 'publish'
>  stories here, you have to go to Administer > Content Management >
>  Content, find some stories that are interesting and change their
>  status to "Publish".  Not sure who has permissions to do this yet.
>   - at some point, I want to get a feed for this page, not sure if
>  that's possible or not

I should have mentioned that Rob and I set it up to scrape a variety
of feeds searching for "SVG".  These are things like:  "Google Blog
Search for SVG", "Technorati Search for SVG".  As a result, there will
often be duplicates.  Furthermore, as a result of general 'global'
searches like this, there are a lot of stories that do not deserve
publishing (someone publishes clip art at openclipart.org, someone
talking about an airport [1], etc).

So the idea here is to load up the site with feeds that are
automatically scraped every so often by drupal internally.  These
stories are default unpublished on planetsvg.com and then
administrators selectively 'approve' stories to show up on our site
via the Adminstration panel.  If you are interested in helping to
moderate the News, please let Rob or I know and he can give you
rights.

If anyone else has thoughts to other feeds we could add here to catch
stories, please let me know.

Regards,
Jeff Schiller

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Vincent_and_the_Grenadines