From: Fred Esch [mailto:fesch@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2016 9:18
To: public-svg-a11y@w3.org
Subject: Agenda April 6 SVG accessibility task force meeting

This is a Wednesday 2pm Boston time meeting Note Boston Time shifted 1 hour a few weeks ago
Webex meeting link https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=md4d3885b3ad9f8bdc7b9d43aec25678a
irc: #svg-a11y
Meeting password: ping on IRC

Join by phone
+1-617-324-0000 US Toll Number
Access code: 645 955 799

Issue and Action Tracker https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/svg-a11y-tf/track/
Minutes from last meeting https://www.w3.org/2016/03/30-svg-a11y-minutes.html

Agenda
Round the table, news, additions for the agenda
Open Actions
Action Review

Role mapping for SVG element<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-a11y/2016Mar/0053.html>
HTML has different roles for the SVG element than SVG AAM
That spec does not map <svg> to any existing ARIA role
It does, however, map it to the relevant graphics-related roles in each API (or group if no appropriate role exists)
vs
group role

Expectations for presentational element with title child
Should role none/presentation exclude an SVG element from the accessibility tree when the element has a title/desc
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-a11y/2016Mar/0064.html
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-a11y/2016Mar/0062.html

Difference between testable statements in wiki and spec
Webkit (Apple) doesn't follow the spec for name - the spec has requirements for exposing labelledby, apple doesn't see a current need for exposing labelledby
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-a11y/2016Mar/0049.html
Rich filed a bug on my request and if we agree labelledby doesn't need to be expose we need to remove the bug

Regards,

Fred Esch
Watson, IBM, W3C Accessibility

[IBM Watson]