RE: Co-chair

I support these goals and strongly support Milan for co-chair.

-          Jim Barnett

From: Young, Milan [mailto:Milan.Young@nuance.com]
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2012 3:05 PM
To: public-speech-api@w3.org
Subject: Co-chair

I believe our community group has matured to the point where we would benefit from a second chair.  I would like to volunteer for this position.

If I were elected, I would operate on the following priorities:

·         Develop a specification that is attractive to the browser vendors.  This means cutting feature which are difficult to implement in the interest of widespread adoption.  I believe Glen and I are aligned on this point.

·         Support a range of development use cases from the casual web authors to the professionals.  This means making the easy things as easy as possible while at the same time giving the power users the features they need for enterprise-grade applications.

·         Plan to merge our work into an official standards-track deliverable within the next year.

If any of you support these goals and believe I am qualified to fulfill these duties, please make your support known to this list.  If you have concerns regarding my abilities or would prefer another representative, please also feel free to discuss.

Note that the CG process doesn't define a formal process for chair elections [1].  There is only the simple statement: "The participants of the Group choose their Chair(s)."

Thanks

[1] http://www.w3.org/community/about/agreements/