Re: Co-chair

My guess is that this will have to be a new group. (My understanding is that important potential participants object to the existing working groups.). I don't think that the W3C will object to the formation of a new group, and that will allow us to have the narrowest possible charter, which should minimize IPR concerns.

Jim

________________________________

From: Glen Shires <gshires@google.com>
To: Jim Barnett
Cc: Bjorn Bringert <bringert@google.com>; Satish S <satish@google.com>; Young, Milan <Milan.Young@nuance.com>; Raj (Openstream) <raj@openstream.com>; Deborah Dahl <dahl@conversational-technologies.com>; public-speech-api@w3.org <public-speech-api@w3.org>
Sent: Tue Jun 12 11:40:08 2012
Subject: Re: Co-chair

Yes, our plan has always been to merge our work into an official standards-track deliverable. Prior to forming this CG we explored several options, including adding it to the charter of WebApps, but that was hindered by a lack of specific spec/scope.

Now that we are getting close to completing the first draft of the spec, we should revisit putting the spec on the standards-track in WebApps and/or other W3C groups. Let me know your suggestions of potential other W3C groups.