Re: EMMA in Speech API (was RE: Speech API: first editor's draft posted)

Support for EMMA has been agreed upon, including this change to Section 5.1:
 readonly attribute Document emma;

For Section 5.1.6 we've agreed (or at least no one has objected) that it
will be valid EMMA 1.0 (link to http://www.w3.org/TR/emma/)

What we do not yet have consensus on is:

- Should the Speech API specify a more stringent spec than EMMA 1.0 by
changing some OPTIONAL attributes to be REQUIRED or SHOULD?

- Should this CG be responsible for adding such new requirements to EMMA,
or should such new requirements be proposed through the MMI WG that created
the EMMA spec?

Deborah has confirmed that many of the primary use cases for EMMA
(supporting existing dialog managers and loggers) require no specific
additional attributes. [1]

/Glen Shires

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-speech-api/2012Jun/0039.html