Re: JSON-LD vs. JSON: pro vs. con?

On 09/24/2014 05:40 PM, Harry Halpin wrote:
> The last meeting with had a quite vigorous discussion of JSON and JSON-LD.
>
> I'd like to see folks who want JSON-LD as a requirement justify their
> position, and folks who would like to see it as an option but not
> required justify their position.
>
> Let the fun begin :)
I wonder who have read those two posts?

First from Shane Becker (IndieWebCamp) against JSON-LD (2013-08-08)
* http://iamshane.com/articles/2013/8/8/1/json-ld-is-an-unneeded-spec

Second from Manu Sporny (one of JSON-LD spec authors&editors) in reply
to Shane's post (2013-08-10)
* http://manu.sporny.org/2013/json-ld-is-the-bees-knees/

In *my very personal opinion* Shane's post might have spread quite some
FUD in IndieWebCamp circle, eg.
http://indiewebcamp.com/irc/2014-09-17/line/1410986478581

I even have already suggested Shane, at some point in a past, to link
from his original post to Manu's reply (with no luck):
https://twitter.com/elfpavlik/status/418678479614263297

I feel like taking this conversation here bit into 'soap opera'
direction. I still think better that we can stay aware that that topic
may have various emotional loads.

BTW Today I also noticed that Manu Sporny have subscribed as observer
for Social Web meeting during TPAC :)
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2014/registrants#SW

o/