JSON-LD and RDF Re: Social data /syntax/ vs Social data /vocabulary/

henry.story@bblfish.net wrote:
> It may not be in the charter that we need to build a vocabulary that is
> applicable to multiple serialisations,
> but it is a logical implication of creating a vocabulary for JSON-LD
> that it will then allow the same information to be
> provided with the same vocabulary using other syntaxes such as Turtle.

That is not exactly true because the JSON-LD specification allows
documents which are *not* RDF serialisations:

"... JSON-LD is capable of serializing any RDF graph or dataset and
most, but not all, JSON-LD documents can be directly interpreted as RDF
as described in RDF 1.1 Concepts"
http://www.w3.org/TR/json-ld/#relationship-to-rdf

I suggest that we require the specification produced by this WG to be
restricted to the subset of JSON-LD which corresponds to RDF.

Cheers,
Andreas