Re: Social data /syntax/ vs Social data /vocabulary/

On 21 Sep 2014, at 20:36, Evan Prodromou <evan@e14n.com> wrote:

> We need a JSON-based document format for social data.
>
> There are some advantages to implementing it as a vocabulary on top of a system like JSON-LD, but our charter is not to build an abstract vocabulary that's applicable to multiple serializations.

It may not be in the charter that we need to build a vocabulary that is applicable to multiple serialisations,
but it is a logical implication of creating a vocabulary for JSON-LD that it will then allow the same information to be
provided with the same vocabulary using other syntaxes such as Turtle. A charter can't forbid the logical consequences
of something from hapenning. And on the whole if for no extra effort one gains additional benefits like this,
that just shows that the system is well engineered.

> -Evan

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/