Re: New, Unified XG Proposal

On 5 Feb 2009, at 09:04, Toby A Inkster wrote:

> In order of interest (highest first), probably:
>
>        - Interoperability Task Force
>        - Distributed Architectures Task Force
>        - Privacy and Trust Task Force
>
> I think that interoperability is a prerequisite for a distributed
> architecture, and that privacy will be necessary for people to be
> able to trust such an architecture. Which brings me to the main
> reason I think one XG should be set up - all the areas of work are
> somewhat dependent on each other, and it's important for there to be
> one overall group to guide the work on all the areas, even if for the
> most part they work separately for practical reasons (e.g. avoiding
> massive teleconferences).

I agree and support this....

Let me be a bit radical here - based on co-chairing a current W3C XG
[1] and an IG [2]....

I suggest 1 XG focussed on "Social Networks Interoperability" - as
this is core of the problem (and leads to addressing other
issues....such as distributed architectures...) - and is closest to
the pre-standardisation work that incubators were originally devised
for.

I also suggest that the Privacy and Trust work move to the PLING [2] -
there are already experts there - and they are also keen on Social
Networks...

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
NICTA

[1] <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/eiif/wiki/Main_Page>