Re: Opening Walled Gardens: RDF / Linked Data as the Universal Exchange Language of Healthcare

From: Renato Iannella <ri@semanticidentity.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 14:48:11 +1000
Cc: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>, RebholzSchuhmann <d.rebholz.schuhmann@gmail.com>, Joanne Luciano <jluciano@gmail.com>, Michel Dumontier <michel.dumontier@gmail.com>, Conor Dowling <conor-dowling@caregraf.com>, Rafael Richards <rmrich5@gmail.com>
To: Tom Morris <tfmorris@gmail.com>, public-semweb-lifesci <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

On 16 Jan 2013, at 02:24, Tom Morris <tfmorris@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the argument would be greatly strengthened by proof points to
> support the claims.  They don't need to be long and elaborate.

The best real-world example would be the BBC's Olympic Games system that used RDF [1].

I think the Response paper is ok (given the intended audience) - and any examples could get complex that actually showed the inferencing advantages of RDF/OWL....

The recommendation for "The HIT Policy Committee should seriously consider adopting RDF as a uniform, universal exchange language for healthcare..." would be probably be worthwhile going to HL7 as well;-)

Cheers...
Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity
http://semanticidentity.com