Re: Opening Walled Gardens: RDF / Linked Data as the Universal Exchange Language of Healthcare

On 16 Jan 2013, at 02:24, Tom Morris <tfmorris@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the argument would be greatly strengthened by proof points to
> support the claims.  They don't need to be long and elaborate.

The best real-world example would be the BBC's Olympic Games system that used RDF [1].

I think the Response paper is ok (given the intended audience) - and any examples could get complex that actually showed the inferencing advantages of RDF/OWL....

The recommendation for "The HIT Policy Committee should seriously consider adopting RDF as a uniform, universal exchange language for healthcare..." would be probably be worthwhile going to HL7 as well;-)

Cheers...
Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity
http://semanticidentity.com