Re: Opening Walled Gardens: RDF / Linked Data as the Universal Exchange Language of Healthcare

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 9:34 AM, David Booth <david@dbooth.org> wrote:
> Hi, and thanks for your comments!
>
> On Tue, 2013-01-15 at 12:58 +0000, RebholzSchuhmann wrote:
>>
>> don't know how someone reads this, who does not know all these benefits
>> anyways. Reads as if you are selling RDF to somebody who knows half-way
>> the benefits of RDF.
>
> Yes, we decided that we simply didn't have time to write a long document
> that more fully explained the benefits.

I think the argument would be greatly strengthened by proof points to
support the claims.  They don't need to be long and elaborate.  They
could be at the top level like "The steel industry switched from SL7
to RDF and cut their costs by 50% in 18 months," or to support a
specific claim such as "RDF is web scale as evidenced by the fact that
it's the primary information format used by Google, Bing, and Yandex."

[Note, those are made up examples.  Replace them with real proof
points from industries which have already switched to RDF.]

Tom