Wiki page on RDF success stories? [was Re: Opening Walled Gardens: RDF / Linked Data as the Universal Exchange Language of Healthcare]

Hi Tom,

On Tue, 2013-01-15 at 11:24 -0500, Tom Morris wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 9:34 AM, David Booth <david@dbooth.org> wrote:
[ . . . ]
> > Yes, we decided that we simply didn't have time to write a long document
> > that more fully explained the benefits [of RDF].
>
> I think the argument would be greatly strengthened by proof points to
> support the claims.  They don't need to be long and elaborate.  They
> could be at the top level like "The steel industry switched from SL7
> to RDF and cut their costs by 50% in 18 months," or to support a
> specific claim such as "RDF is web scale as evidenced by the fact that
> it's the primary information format used by Google, Bing, and Yandex."
>
> [Note, those are made up examples.  Replace them with real proof
> points from industries which have already switched to RDF.]

I agree.  Actual success stories would be the most convincing.  Hmm, is
there a W3C wiki page somewhere, that collects links to RDF success
stories?  If not, maybe we should make one.  I'm imagining something
like the RDF Tools wiki page, which is database driven (I think using
the Semantic MediaWiki extension, but I could be wrong), so that one can
list tools by various categories:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Tools
For example, here is a list of tools in the "Triple Store" category:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Category:Triple_Store

For RDF success story links I am imagining capturing attributes like:
 - URL of RDF success story
 - Brief description (one sentence)
 - Field, Industry or Application category
 - Positives observed
 - Negatives observed

This would make it a lot easier to point to success stories when writing
or presenting about RDF.   What do others think?  Should we make a wiki
page like this for links to RDF success stories?  Would those be the
right fields to capture?  (Simple is best, because they need to be
concisely displayable.)

--
David Booth, Ph.D.
http://dbooth.org/