Re: Opening Walled Gardens: RDF / Linked Data as the Universal Exchange Language of Healthcare

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 12:34 PM, Kingsley Idehen
<kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
> On 1/15/13 11:06 AM, Mead, Charlie (NIH/NCI) [C] wrote:
>>
>> The first version of the HL7 MIF in OWL is now available for comment,
>> criticism, evolution, and usage.
>
> Do you have URL from which the OWL rendition can be accessed?

Perhaps it'll be obvious when the URL is posted, but I'd also be
interested whether HL7 is switching to OWL for their modeling or
whether it'll be just another output transformation from their
proprietary MIF like they do with UML.  They developed MIF because
they _claimed_ their modeling needs exceeded the capabilities of all
available tools/languages, so a switch to OWL would be quite a coup.

Tom