Re: semantic technologies in Pharma

Hi Nitin,

That is rather broad. What's the goal? Is it only about papers? Or is
it to learn of actual implementations and how far along the industry
is with SemWeb uptake? Keep in mind that Pharma doesn't have an
incentive to publish about how well their enterprise applications work
(do they?).

Here are a few tidbits (working systems):

Commercial web app that makes use of curated Linked Open Drug Data:
http://www.triplemap.com

Recent web demo of the EU IMI OpenPHACTS ‘lashup’:
http://www.youtube.com/OpenPHACTS

Here's a paper from the Translational Medicine task force of HCLS
(I'll send you a pre-print if you like):

Semantically enabling pharmacogenomic data for the realization of
personalized medicine
Matthias Samwald, Adrien Coulet, Iker Huerga, Robert Powers, Joanne
Luciano, Robert Freimuth, Frederick Whipple, Elgar Pichler, Eric
Prud’hommeaux, Michel Dumontier, M. S. Marshall
Pharmacogenomics (2012) 13(2)

I guess that we should add the paper to our HCLS wiki.

Cheers,
Scott