Re: My task from last week: Semantic free identifiers

From: Helena Deus <helenadeus@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 20:44:26 +0100
To: Mark <markw@illuminae.com>
Cc: "Vagnoni,Matthew M" <MMVagnoni@mdanderson.org>, Andrea Splendiani <andrea.splendiani@bbsrc.ac.uk>, James Malone <malone@ebi.ac.uk>, HCLS <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
Hi all,

thing"... By "right thing" I mean that I'm sure Hungarian semantic-webbers
> would have quite something to say about a decision to make the URI "partOf"
> rather than "A_0001" + multi-lingual labels.  It's a bit selfish of us
> English-speakers to create global infrastructures just for ourselves... na?

++1!!

And the HCLS domains are filled with examples where label-URI would not
work: for example, hypothetical proteins (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothetical_protein), would not be named are
not named and yet we know they exist.

Should we give these hypothetical proteins a numeric URI but all other
proteins a name? How about when they are "graduated" into real proteins?
Should everyone just stop using the hypothetical-protein-URI and change into
the newly named protein-name-URI?
I think that would be a recipe for disaster :-)