Re: My task from last week: Semantic free identifiers

From: Chime Ogbuji <chimezie@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 15:34:38 -0400
To: Andrea Splendiani <andrea.splendiani@bbsrc.ac.uk>
Cc: Vagnoni,Matthew M <MMVagnoni@mdanderson.org>, James Malone <malone@ebi.ac.uk>, HCLS <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
On Monday, June 20, 2011 at 3:08 PM, Andrea Splendiani wrote:
Hi,
> sorry to jump on this thread like this...
>
> To be honest, I'm kind of concerned by the insistence on semantic-opaque
> identifiers.
I am as well and I have been for some time.
> I understand the reason for them,

Actually, I would be interested in hearing the reason for them enumerated, because I have had a hard time imagining what could possibly offset the (significant) impact on readability that it has on biomedical ontologies. The barrier is already high for non-logicians and non-semantic web aficionados to use biomedical ontologies. Why set it any higher?

-- Chime