Re: Linkset Provenance

Hi Claus,
[bouncing this to the list because I think this is of general interest and
there is plenty of expertise there]

This is where many get stuck. Happily, you are not the first one looking for
specific classes/terms that match your data although there are plenty of
areas of ontological usage that still need clarification and improvement.

In TMO, we selected from a number of existing ontologies as much as we could
and filled in where we couldn't find the right fit. See the attached image
for an overview of the structure. TMO is also available from Bioportal.

See also, the NCBO Ontology Recommender as a place to get started.

http://www.bioontology.org/ontology-recommender
http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/Ontology_Recommender_Client_Examples

-Scott

--