Talk proposal LODD next telcon

Hi all;

Some folks on my group (oeg-upm.net) have developed software for
migrating different resources to RDF and other software for producing
Linked Data. Perhaps it would be interesting to have one of them (Boris
Villazon Terrazas) on a telco to explain the software, specially w.r.t
the W3C best practices note. This is the stuff:

NOR2O
NOR2O is a library for transforming non-ontological resources to
ontologies. The library performs an ETL process.

geomerty2rdf
This is a library for generating RDF files for geometrical information
(which could be available in GML or WKT). The GML and WKT is manipulated
with GeoTools. The current version of the library works with Oracle
geospatial databases and relies on Jena.
(http://www.slideshare.net/boricles/geometry2rdfv2-boris)

R2O/ODEMapster
R2O,  a declarative, XML-based language that allows the description of
arbitrarily complex mapping expressions between ontology elements
(concepts, attributes and relations) and relational elements (relations
and attributes).
ODEMapster processor, which generates Semantic Web instances from
relational instances based on the mapping description expressed in an
R2O document. ODEMapster offers two modes of execution: Query driven
upgrade (on-the-fly query translation) and massive upgrade batch process
that generates all possible Semantic Web individuals from the data
repository.

MOMO: a tool for  transforming MARC records to LOD.
MARC is an acronym, used in the field of library science, that stands for
MAchine-Readable Cataloging. The MARC standards consist of the MARC
metadata under the Linked Data principles.

What do you guys think?

Cheers

--
Mikel Egaña Aranguren, PhD
http://mikeleganaaranguren.com

Marie Curie post-doc at Ontology Engineering Group, UPM
http://www.oeg-upm.net/