Re: Can RDFa be used on XML: pharma information

From: Egon Willighagen <egon.willighagen@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 14:55:53 +0200
To: Rick Jelliffe <rjelliffe@allette.com.au>
Cc: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 2:48 PM, Rick Jelliffe<rjelliffe@allette.com.au> wrote:
> I see that the 2008 draft
>  http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/rdfa-overview
> says
>  "RDFa itself is intended to be a technique that allows for adding metadata
> to any (XML) markup document, including SMIL, RSS, SVG, MathML, etc. Note,
> however, that in the current state, RDFa is being defined only for the
> (X)HTML family of languages."
>
> So I think I will go ahead and add some RDFa markup to the XML, so that
> there is some data on the web which might stimulate developers or inform
> them, and tell the client that we may need to change tack.

The problem here is to define what attributes your XML will use to
define the RDFa hooks... what attributes will define a new subject,
the predicate, and how you define the object...

Because the XML is using a local namespace, it will be unrecognizable
for any client... however, given you define those attributes (or via
new elements), you should be able to embed this RDFa in the HTML more
easily too...

Egon

--
Post-doc @ Uppsala University