Re: Can RDFa be used on XML: pharma information

Egon Willighagen wrote:
> The problem here is to define what attributes your XML will use to
> define the RDFa hooks... what attributes will define a new subject,
> the predicate, and how you define the object...

Yes, we lose the  html:base element and html:link, but why would we lose
the predicates?   @rel and @rev would presumably be available on any
element: couldn't it be used so that instead of

I can have

<person about="http://dbpedia.org/resource/Albert_Einstein">
  <name property="foaf:name">Albert Einstein</name>
  <dob property="dbp:dateOfBirth" datatype="xsd:date">1879-03-14</dob>
  <nation rel="dbp:birthPlace" resource="http://dbpedia.org/resource/Germany">
    <name property="dbp:conventionalLongName">Federal Republic of Germany</name>
  </nation>
</person>

It seems to me that where-ever RDFa does not rely on HTML semantics, it
"should" be free (there is no conceptual impediment) to use on XML: it
can certainly determine whether an XML element has a legit XMLliteral or
mixed or element content.

> Because the XML is using a local namespace, it will be unrecognizable
> for any client... however, given you define those attributes (or via
> new elements), you should be able to embed this RDFa in the HTML more
> easily too...

What is the necessary difference, for an RDFa engine, between

           property="dc:title">
      Canteen Cuisine

and

<my:book about="urn:ISBN:0091808189" typeof="biblio:book"
           property="dc:title">
      Canteen Cuisine
</my:book>

Cheers