Re: Can RDFa be used on XML: pharma information

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Rick Jelliffe<rjelliffe@allette.com.au> wrote:
> Markup = annotation.  Taking existing data and adding stuff to make it more
> useful, without disrupting existing uses of that data (and without creating
> the size/maintenance issues you get from duplication.)
> One of the rationales for this project is to make more effective use of
> bandwidth, which makes me lean against duplication somewhat, but it may
> indeed be the appropriate way.

OK, so the requirement is to: 1. stick with the current XML, 2. provide RDF/XML.

I think XSLT route proposed by others is the way to go then, making a
third end point, which would take the current XML as input, convert it
with XSLT to RDF/XML. Using RDF/XML has the advantage here that you
can validate your XSLT stylesheet for the output content too,
increasing your changes of detecting typos etc.

Egon

--
Post-doc @ Uppsala University
http://chem-bla-ics.blogspot.com/