Re: Can RDFa be used on XML: pharma information

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Rick Jelliffe<rjelliffe@allette.com.au> wrote:
> I am working on improving the semweb markup on an Australian government
> Department of Health and Aging website, which has HTML and XML versions of
> the medicines allowed for prescription and the amount the government pays.
> It has various links to interesting documents, and we want to make it more
> semweb friendly.
>
> Here are two example pages to give you the idea (they have different
> selections of data):
>
> http://www.pbs.gov.au/html/consumer/search/results?term=Zyprexa%20Zydis&publication=GE
>
>  http://www.pbs.gov.au/xml/consumer/search/results?term=Zyprexa%20Zydis&publication=GE
>
> We are doing some general things like improving the microformats (DC and
> hproduct) in the HTML.
>
> But the plan was to decorate the XML (which has extra information)  with the
> appropriate RDFa, which seems perfect. But now I see that the RDFa spec says
> that RDFa is designed for use on XHTML. We do no want to use it that way, we
> want to augment the XML.
>
> So I was wondering if anyone here had any advice? I see the choices

Instead of the XML end point, I would express all that content as RDF
(possibly in the XML format). If you need the XML for the metadata
info on the request, you could consider putting a <RDF> element
somewhere in your custom XML.

Egon

--
Post-doc @ Uppsala University