W3C HCLS Scientific discourse concall for Friday, Feb 26 rescheduled

From: Tim Clark <tim_clark@harvard.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 21:56:16 -0500
To: "public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org hcls" <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
Cc: John Madden <john.madden@me.com>, Annamaria Carusi <annamaria.carusi@oerc.ox.ac.uk>, Yimin Wang <WANG_YIMIN@LILLY.COM>
Dear colleagues

The W3C HCLS Scientific discourse concall for Friday, Feb 26 is
rescheduled to Friday, March 6, 11am-12noon EST.

Team members have been quite busy but I don't think we really have
enough discussion material this week to justify a call.  However,
things should start heating up next week.

NOTES:

1) We had some very interesting discussions at the C-SHALS 2009
conference in Boston, particularly with John Madden (Duke University)
who heads the HCSL Terminology Task.  We will schedule cross-group
presentations in the near future.  Obviously discourse requires
terminology, but not so obviously we have been thinking along similar
lines in several respects and it is time to start sharing ideas more
fully between the groups.

2) Last week several of us had a very useful discussion with Susie
Stephens and Yimin Wang of Eli Lilly about the Lilly Experiment
Ontology and possible use cases for integrating it with SWAN/SIOC/
myExperiment.  We hope to report on that discussion in next week's call.

3) Sudeshna Das's group recently demonstrated the pre-alpha of a
semantically-annotated repository for genomic experiment data at the
Harvard Stem Cell Institute. We hope to have Sudeshna report on this
project and its relationship to Experiment integration with SWAN/SIOC
in a subsequent call.

Kind regards,

Tim Clark