RE: [COI] CT#8 Drug Information Needed for Test Case Query

Ronald

I checked RxNav and it is a good tool to get most of information we needed
for the COI test case.

I will check the mapping between RxNorm ingredients and SNOMED to see how
we can get the link between, for example "anticoagulants" to detailed drug
names in RxNORM.

Thanks for the pointer and good suggestions.

Helen

"Ronald Cornet" <r.cornet@amc.uva.nl>
Sent by: public-semweb-lifesci-request@w3.org
11/06/2008 02:22 PM
Please respond to
"R.Cornet@amc.uva.nl" <R.Cornet@amc.uva.nl>

"public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org" <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
cc

Subject
RE: [COI] CT#8 Drug Information Needed for Test Case Query

Helen,

Looking at RxNorm via RxNav http://mor.nlm.nih.gov/download/rxnav/
Here the brand names below can be mapped to ingredients.

Looking up the ingredients in SNOMED shows their classes.

So it seems that adequately combining the two can do the job.

Regards, Ronald

Ronald Cornet, PhD                    email: R.Cornet@amc.uva.nl
dept. of Medical Informatics          phone: +31 (0)20 566 5188
Academic Medical Center, Room J1B-115 fax:   +31 (0)20 691 9840
P.O.Box 22700                         www:
http://kik.amc.uva.nl/home/rcornet/
1100 DE  Amsterdam
The Netherlands                       'The truth is out there'