NCBI Resource Locator

From: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 17:00:21 -0400
To: public-semweb-lifesci hcls <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

"The NCBI Resource Locator provides stable, uniform addressing for
NCBI content, making it easy to link to individual records. Some NCBI
resources also provide services (like search) through these URLs."

http://view.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/

Looks like a gift. Makes a lie of my assertion that there aren't
decent URIs for NCBI records [in HTML format]. I only found it by
trying to track down a reference in one of Mark Wilkinson's articles.
Wish I had known about it ages ago.

Does anyone know more about this, such as a list of allowed <noun>s
and <verb>s? The documentation is pretty spare.

Jonathan