Re: protein entities (was Re: Rules (was Re: Ambiguous names. was: Re: URL +1, LSID -1)

Protein, in this scheme, is the amino acid polymer produced by a
translation process using an mRNA as a template.  I suppose this
excludes peptides (also amino acid polymers) that are produced
non-ribosomally, but perhaps that is okay for the time being.  The
precise definition will be constructed with input from the Sequence
Ontology curators.