From: Adrian Walker <adriandwalker@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:02:51 -0400
To: "Ivan Herman" <ivan@w3.org>, Kerstin.L.Forsberg@astrazeneca.com, public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
Hi Ivan, Kerstin & All --

A quick thought about "you are a perfectly decent Semantic Web citizen even
if you do not use OWL".

We have found that, even in rather simple cases, it's quite hard for a
programmer to check that inferences over RDF are producing correct results.

An approach that we have found useful is to reason over RDF using rules in
executable, open vocabulary English.

With this extra English semantics attached, we can have the system explain,
in English, at the business or scientific level, how it derived a result.

There's  a simple example at

You can view, edit, and run the example (and others) by pointing a browser
to reengineeringllc.com and selecting the example RDFQueryLangComparison1 .

HTH,  -- Adrian

Internet Business Logic (R)
Executable open vocabulary English
Online at www.reengineeringllc.com