Re: OWL vs. RDF : Face-to-face meeting minutes

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 10:55:32 +0200
To: Kerstin.L.Forsberg@astrazeneca.com
Cc: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
Besides the reference to the paper of Horrock et al, let me give a
slightly different (but complementary) perspective: use OWL if and only
if you need it. Lot can be achieved using RDF+RDFS but using simpler
tools. As I usually say: "you are a perfectly decent Semantic Web
citizen even if you do not use OWL".

Of course, there are cases when OWL becomes necessary, in which case,
well, it should be used!

I.