Re: OWL vs RDF

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:11:35 +0200
To: Adrian Walker <adriandwalker@gmail.com>
Cc: Kerstin.L.Forsberg@astrazeneca.com, public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
HI Adrian & all,

yes, I can see your point and indeed, if a rule system was around, it
may do the trick in simple cases. Another (non-exclusive) approach is
what I briefly mentioned at the F2F: is the development of a kind of an
intermediate layer between RDFS and OWL; a layer that would allow some
extra information to be added to the knowledge base without forcing the
usage of a DL reasoner. There are several approaches for this, and we (I
mean, W3C) may want to look into this more closely next year...

Ivan