Semantic web services? Use cases...

From: Duncan Hull <duncan.hull@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 14:32:57 +0000
To: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
CC: John Michon <micho001@mc.duke.edu>, Pinar ALPER <penpecip@cs.man.ac.uk>

John Michon wrote:

>   Web services should also help guide our thinking in terms of use cases.

We have a large (circa 3000) registry of public biomedical services
(mostly web services) built as part of the myGrid project [1], one way
of using these services is through the Taverna workbench [2].

Currently these are being annotated in RDF and/or OWL although a
human-readable list [3] is also available. (See also BioMOBY post on
homologs for yeast proteins earlier [4])...

I have a set of use cases* for describing these services in order to
facilitate their (semi-)automagic discovery and interoperation using
reasoning. Vipul, can we incorporate these into the "Ontology Working
Group" deliverable somehow?

* this now includes the yeast protein goid example from Chris Mungall

[1] http://www.mygrid.org.uk/
[2] http://taverna.sourceforge.net/

Duncan Hull
Phone: +44 (0) 161 275 0677