Re: Ontologies ready to be published on the W3C server

Hi Maxime, pls see inline below.

On 18/04/2017 15:28, Maxime Lefrançois wrote:
> Dear Phil, all,
>
> The ontologies developed by the SSN subgroup are ready to be published on
> the W3C for wide review. They are:
>
> - SOSA: http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/integrated/sosa.ttl ->
> http://www.w3.org/ns/sosa/

Done

> - SOSA: http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/integrated/ssn.ttl ->
> http://www.w3.org/ns/ssn/

Done

> - SSNX: http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/integrated/ssnx.ttl ->
> https://www.w3.org/2017/01/ssn-ssnx/

Done, with the ttl file and a generated .owl file served through conneg.

> - SSN-DUL: http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/integrated/ssn-dul.ttl ->
> https://www.w3.org/ns/ssn/dul/

Done

> - SOSA-O&M: http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/rdf/sosa-om-mapping.ttl ->
> https://www.w3.org/ns/sosa/om
> - http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/rdf/sosa-oboe-mapping.ttl ->
> https://www.w3.org/ns/sosa/oboe
> - http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/rdf/sosa-prov-mapping.ttl ->
> https://www.w3.org/ns/sosa-prov

I have also done these but there's a problem that I can't figure out and
have asked our webmaster for help. If you navigate to the actual files
(which for weird W3C reasons are called Overview.ttl, not index.ttl)
you'll see them. But knock off the filename and you get a 403. No idea
why - hence the call for help, but it's the kind of thing our webmaster
(Denis) will have fixed in a trice.

> Document
> https://github.com/w3c/sdw/blob/gh-pages/ssn/integrated/proposed-server-specification.md
> proposes
> some functional specifications for serving them on the W3C server. All the
> subtleties proposed in this document would make these ontologies published
> in conformance with the best practices, and more.

Hmmm... no, sorry. We don't do 303s from the namespace to the TR doc.
They're different resources, not just different serialisations of omne
resource.

The /ns space doc is the ontology definition file, nothing else. The /TR
doc is the Technical Report that includes all the front matter,
explanations, diagrams, references etc. If you want an HTML doc at the
namespace, OK, that's good, but it should just be the definitions. But
you can get away with something much simpler, see
https://www.w3.org/ns/oa, https://www.w3.org/ns/dcat etc.

I'll let you know when the 403s are fixed.

Do you think it's worth generating RDF/XML serialisations of the TTL
files? Not a big job but it's not one I've done so far.

Cheers

Phil

--

Phil Archer